Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Error 0xc00000e9 when loading windows

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Athlete

Athlete

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 22 May 2015 - 01:51 PM

Hello

I'm posting this from my smartphone as I can't enter windows on my PC
And it doesn't work in any possible way, safe mode doesn't work, sometimes it throws this error and sometimes it loads all the drivers and when it does load them my computer restarts automatically
Same thing happens when I choose start windows normally or last good known configuration, it's loading for a while at windows loading screen and then boooooom, damn thing restarts again
And worst thing of all my windows boot dvd doesnt boot, I'm pressing random key without stopping but without any effect, it comes straight to windows loading

Error detail: Windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt

I took the picture and tried to attach it but attach button doesnt work

Edited by Athlete, 22 May 2015 - 02:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 PM

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:32 PM

What's the make and model of your computer?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

#3 Athlete

Athlete
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:42 PM

Don't understand what exactly you are asking me but motherboard is IL9 Pro and I've been using Windows 7 for 5-6 years

Here's the link to the screen:

Http://pho.to/9OlWY

Edited by Athlete, 22 May 2015 - 02:48 PM.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:49 PM

What's the make and model of your computer?

Make would be Dell, HP, Toshiba, etc.

Model is the model number of your computer.

#5 zcomputerwiz

zcomputerwiz

• Members
  • 312 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:19 PM

From what I read, that particular motherboard doesn't have a quick boot menu. Changing the boot order is something you should only attempt if you are familiar enough with the computer's BIOS to be able to undo any changes you make.

You would have press DELETE to enter the BIOS setup, then select the Boot Configuration Features menu and press enter, then use the '+' and '-' keys to move the CD/DVD to the first position and your HDD to second (assuming your HDD is 1st Boot Device right now).

1680_p5_4.jpg?

Press F10 to save your changes, and choose 'Y' to confirm.

If you decide to do that, please include what shows up to the right of 'HDD:' (such as ';WDC WD7500BPKT').

Most vendors have a disk testing tool that you can download and burn to CD, then boot on your computer.

Do you have access to another PC that can download and burn CDs?

Edited by zcomputerwiz, 22 May 2015 - 03:21 PM.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

#6 Athlete

Athlete
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 31 May 2015 - 12:16 PM

Thanks for your help zcomputerwiz

One of my hard disks (the one I had windows on) was broken and unresponsive and that was the cause

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users