My MSI CX61 2PC-499US has completely stopped working. We tested the charger and found that it was dead, but even with a new charger it won't even respond when I press the power button. The computer's brand new, I bought it two months ago.
- Charger light blinks when plugged into the computer, but not when it's unplugged.
- Computer shows no lights and will not respond to any button presses.
- Computer was working fine and shut down without warning the last time I used it.
What I've tried:
- New charger
- Pressing and holding power with charger plugged and unplugged
- Pressing and holding power with battery in and out
- Searching for the issue on Google.
I suspect that a power surge took something out. Any help?
UPDATE: After attempting to charge for a while, there's a strong smell of burning electronics, especially on the battery. I've unplugged the computer from the power supply.
Edited by JavaMatrix, 22 May 2015 - 10:37 AM.