Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do I need this "Intel Proset" update?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ubiq

Ubiq

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:44 AM

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:11 AM

Hi! I am very sorry if I am posting this in the wrong area.
I'm not very computery, so I have a hard time understanding when I should update and when I shouldn't. I hate it when the update makes everything worse.
Anyway, I have no idea what this is, but apparently it needs an update, anyone know if this is an okay one? Thanks if you can help! :flowers:

IntelProset-Update-prob_zpsom7rue4z.jpg

Machine: Toshiba Portege r705-P41, Dual Boot: MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Ubuntu 15.04
CPU: Intel Core i5 460M @ 2.53GHz Arrandale 32nm Technology,
RAM: 4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20), Motherboard: TOSHIBA Portable PC (rBGA1288 Socket)
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics Revision 2 1720 MBytes

Speccy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:44 AM

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:38 AM

Your Toshiba has software on it that 'checks' with Toshiba to see if there are any updates in this case it is your wifi card.  Many times an update will provide better security or fixes a known vulnerability or even adds additional features.  In most cases it is usually okay to run software updates.  I would go ahead and do it.  You can 'create a restore point' before you install just in case you have any issues and then revert back to the restore point if you do have problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users