Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dead slow after clean install.

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Ivanalho

Ivanalho

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:37 PM

during the past 2 weeks my computer was infected and i've posted requesting help, but after few days i couldn't wait so i reinstalled my system using the recovery CD , i updated the system as supposed and now it is getting very very slow and i have Malwarebytes and some other protections like ESET but they couldn't find any thing ! but i noticed in the registry (MozillaPlugins) string which is every where !! it is all over the registry, the strange thing is that i've never used Mozill or had in my computer !! any way i deleted the strings again and again and again ... it keeps coming back , is it the reason why my system getting slow or is there something els , any help regarding this issue will be appreciated . 

thanks in advance 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:42 PM

Let's take a look at some reports in order to see if we can figure out what's going on:

First:

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Next, please read and follow the instructions for these reports (even though you're not reporting BSOD's):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Edited by usasma, 21 May 2015 - 04:42 PM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Ivanalho

Ivanalho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:36 AM

Let's take a look at some reports in order to see if we can figure out what's going on:

First:

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Next, please read and follow the instructions for these reports (even though you're not reporting BSOD's):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

hello john,

a little bit late sorry its because i dont have any control over my computer , i can't even reboot safe mode or any other mode , 100% controlled tried every single virus removal software malware ........nothing is working i can't open the event viewer but any way if you still have a few tricks i'll be glad to hear from you soon.

cheers

#4 Jared44

Jared44

• 205 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:55 AM

When you reinstalled, did you format everything?

#5 Ivanalho

Ivanalho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:14 AM

I wish I could ive been trying nothing is working today I tried a trick I saw it while surfing my android it didnt work its like I have a computer but I dont have a computer!! I hope I can find a way to reboot , my windows is legit .
cheers

#6 Jared44

Jared44

• 205 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:26 AM

Well, if you didn't format it, the malware would still be present, you need to reinstall with a format if it's this bad.

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:26 AM

Sounds like you may still be infected.

As Jared44 asked, did you format everything?

Which method did you use to reinstall Windows (just a brief description will do - we'll ask additional questions as we need them)?

What version of Windows are you using (previous posts were in the Windows 7 forum)?

Please disregard this post, I was composing it while Jared44 was responding to you.

Edited by usasma, 24 May 2015 - 08:28 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#8 Ivanalho

Ivanalho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2015 - 08:47 AM

Yeh I need to format but I cant the malware wouldn't let me , it goes like error reading from the disc moved to safe mode try USB usless , do you think that I need to change my hard drive ?

#9 Ivanalho

Ivanalho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:44 PM

Hello and sorry for delay responding , please note the time difference between USA and Taiwan, and i am not really familiar with the site's functions ! i just adjusted it so i can get immediate response to my posts or comments. regarding my issue i managed to re-install windows using safe mode with command prompt and it was the time that i realized that (I am Not Alone using this computer) !! i noticed that while i was in the reinstalling windows there was a tiny window almost invisible so i clicked on it , it opens for an instance and i managed to read (setting up the Administrator account.....) so i think my computer was invaded by a hacker and still after reinstalling windows he has a back door into my system and i am searching for ways to get raid of him. i am not a real computer expert ( like you guys ) but that is at least what i think. any way i would like to thank all who stood by me very much.

if you guys have any advance ways to catch this thing would be great to hear from you , in the main time i am still on my search.

cheers 

#10 Jared44

Jared44

• 205 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2015 - 04:54 AM

Yeh I need to format but I cant the malware wouldn't let me , it goes like error reading from the disc moved to safe mode try USB usless , do you think that I need to change my hard drive ?

I don't understand what you mean.

You shouldn't be stopped from reinstalling because you're not running anything off the hard drive, the malware only have access to Windows, which you aren't running if you boot off the disc.

Then format the partition and reinstall. If you don't format the drive, you'll get the same problem again.

#11 Ivanalho

Ivanalho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2015 - 05:55 AM

Hi,

Yes you are right the problem still exist , but how to format the hard drive as i told you i know how to use the computer very well but i am not an expert in the technicalities , i followed a tutorial in windows website but still every file i try to open error massage !! you can't , you have no access .... so could you please explain to me how to format the hard disk.

#12 Jared44

Jared44

• 205 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:02 AM

Insert the Windows disc, boot into to and select custom install, then when you see all the partitions, select format on the main one, and delete the system partition.

The proceed to install Windows. That's how you format the drive.

#13 Ivanalho

Ivanalho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 25 May 2015 - 06:09 AM

i have OEM recovery DVD which i don't have options when i reinstall, and there is only one partition .any way when there was a warning massage saying that you'll lose all file and settings ... i thought thats great its what i am looking for but i am surprise now the problem is getting worst.

#14 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,686 posts
  •  

Posted 26 May 2015 - 10:00 AM

It sounds like you are at a dead end. I might have missed it; please post your OS

--- Make & model would be helpful also

If possible consider the following

--- Create a System Restore disc of the same OS and bitedness on a good working computer

--- See if you can use it to restore your computer back to factory condition

--- I know you have the install DVD but I would still consider that idea

--- I would also have the computer disconnected from the internet

--- If a hacker is involved that could mean that even though you can't boot, your computer is being controlled as you suspect

--- Do you know your 25-character product ID in case you will need it?

If that doesn't work:

I haven’t read the contents but check out Five free portable rootkit removers

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/five-apps/five-free-portable-rootkit-removers/

--- What I’m hoping is that you can put the selection of your choice onto disc, maybe USB, and go from there

--- Can you open the BIOS and set the boot mode in case you need to do so?

Edit: I would still have the computer disconnected from the Internet

--- That approach has helped me a lot when dealing with infected compuyers 

I am not familiar with the Linux programs that are supposed to be able to boot a PC and I believe some of them include an antivirus. Maybe someone can chime in on such an approach

Edited by cmptrgy, 26 May 2015 - 10:03 AM.

#15 Ivanalho

Ivanalho
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 27 May 2015 - 05:31 PM

well thank you for your mail and this is new color in my life the way this virus control things and mimicking every page you click on it its crazy , if i check the site with the link you send i'll download it normally but no use it'll mimick it and same result !!! thank any way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users