Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does Anyone Out There Know Anything!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 proguard

proguard

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 05 July 2006 - 01:23 PM

Well, this one to me is complicated. I downloaded a trial version of a game off of msn games and it expired. I erased and deleted all files in connection with it and it still has hidden spyware files on my computer including how they would know I had expired. How can I get all of these off including how to use the trial version again if I wanted to without purchasing another program.
I have tried spybot and blacklight and still nothing.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nyiddle

nyiddle

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 05 July 2006 - 01:39 PM

Might I be the first to say that what you're trying to do is illegal. You need to actually buy the program if you want to use it beyond the trial. What it does when you install it is it puts things in your Registry that say that the trial has been used on your computer before and that it will not work with the demo again unless you buy it.

Now then. What you're asking is the same thing as finding a illegal crack for the game or whatever and using that, because you're technically getting something for free.

It's not spyware at all.

What you're asking is something that the forum (as I'd imagine) strictly forbids.

Edited by Animal, 06 July 2006 - 03:33 PM.

Posted Image

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 05 July 2006 - 01:46 PM

Trial means trial. In no way does it include forever.

Sorry but you will not receive any help here.

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user.

This topic will now be closed.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users