Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nexus android Google redirect virus please help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 graceash

graceash

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:32 AM

Hello,
Both myself and my partner have got a virus on our nexus tablets (his is a nexus 10 and mine a 2013 7version) which I think we picked up through connecting to dodgy WiFi while abroad.
The virus redirects us from any searches and sites other than Google to either adexchange.com or appsy.club we tried running avg and malwarebytes and all the searches came up clear. We have also used c cleaner to delete caches and data from the tablets and the chrome app.
Following advice online I restarted the tablet in safe mode and the same problem occurs.
All the advice I can find online about this is written for computers not tablets which have no control panel, no explorer and a different set up on chrome and so I am finding it hard to find a solution. If anyone can help in anyway I would be very grateful!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:25 AM

Tablets can be hard to disinfect because the tools we use to remove malware are mostly Windows based, whereas tablets are mostly Android based.

I recommend you back up your essential data to a PC and use the "factory reset" function on your tablets.

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,232 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:27 AM

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/4596836?hl=en-AU

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users