Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10122 Discussion

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:26 PM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:16 AM

I have created this topic for the discussion of build 10122.

Who has upgraded to build 10122 and what are your opinions of this build? Pros or cons.

Bruce.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RobertHD

RobertHD

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:56 AM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:51 AM

Ah we've all been waiting for another build and well its here! And yes I'm going to review this here and now so let's review it.

It's OK looks great and polished I don't mind it at all since Microsoft is finishing bits and pieces off it's shiny new OS. The start menu looks great, and the theme looks great! Microsoft also has stabilized the OS a lot since 10074 as it even fixed the annoying issue with the Nvidia Drivers. Actually a lot of you would recommend this as a stable Build or not any other way it's great.

List of fixed issues:

1. Visual Glitch (Rectangle Silvers)

2. Fixed lots of glitches with Microsoft

3. Developers – when you go to Settings > Update & Security > For developers – it no longer crashes the Settings app.

4. We fixed the issue some people were seeing where their graphics driver fails to install from Windows Update with error code 80070103. This was happening because WU was trying to re-issue the driver.

5.You should now be able to edit the IPv4 properties of an Ethernet adapter on your PC.

6.We have fixed issues where fonts would render blurry on High DPI displays. We’re cooking up a blog post we plan to publish shortly that talks a little more in depth about our investment with High DPI in Windows 10 so watch for it.

7.We have fixed some keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Edge. Control + L or Alt + D shortcuts now got to the URL bar more reliably.

List of Known Glitches/bugs:

1. AMD GPU users will experience BSODs while using Microsoft Edge.

2.Upgrading to this build on certain PCs may fail and roll back to the previously installed build with error 0x80070057 – 0x20007. This is a bug where too many device INFs are being migrated and hitting an internal limit. Possible workaround is to use Disk Cleanup to clean up system files and choose Device driver packages, Previous Windows installations and Temporary Windows installation files. You may also need to remove unnecessary peripherals and remove them from Device Manager and trying the upgrade again.

3.In this build there is a bug that may cause issues with Cortana speech. If you are experiencing problems with speech recognition, or are getting errors when trying to speak to Cortana.

Link for x64 for 10122:

x64: https://mega.co.nz/#!eEQHGBIa!DjGJPMKbSOJutWbcz41VOyzCf-m7ZVpUSRBTZTg_0O4

Sorry couldn't find x86 at the moment but at least you will find it when it comes out.

If images don't show just PM me.

That's All thanks for reading! Oh and pics are under here:

screen_shot_2015-05-20_at_2.07.51_pm.jpgscreen_shot_2015-05-20_at_2.05.12_pm.jpgscreen_shot_2015-05-20_at_2.06.53_pm.jpgscreen_shot_2015-05-20_at_2.22.36_pm.jpg

Edited by RobertHD, 21 May 2015 - 05:27 AM.

Robert James Crawley Klopp

#3 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 04:26 AM

They don't show

Edited by Orange Blossom, 21 May 2015 - 05:47 PM.
Removed no longer relevant text. ~ OB

#4 RobertHD

RobertHD

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:27 AM

Do pics show now guys and yes Drew I would merge it but I'd rather get louis to close the (Incoming Build) topic

Edited by RobertHD, 21 May 2015 - 05:31 AM.

#5 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:34 AM

Do pics show now guys

No, they do not.

Cheers,
Drew
thO622AIFO_zpsncnl0jup.jpg

Edited by Orange Blossom, 21 May 2015 - 05:47 PM.
Removed no longer relevant text. ~ OB

#6 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,994 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:47 PM

The pictures show on my end.

~ OB :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#7 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:40 PM

Robert,

Hmmm, for me those pictures, still, do not show... Have tried both Edge & IE.  Have not switched over to 8.1 to see if that makes any difference.  And now I'm curious, too.

Cheers,
Drew

#8 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:33 PM

That's All thanks for reading! Oh and pics are under here:

screen_shot_2015-05-20_at_2.07.51_pm.jpgscreen_shot_2015-05-20_at_2.05.12_pm.jpgscreen_shot_2015-05-20_at_2.06.53_pm.jpgscreen_shot_2015-05-20_at_2.22.36_pm.jpg

I'm using Windows 7 IE 11 I can't see the images either.

Bruce.

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

#9 RobertHD

RobertHD

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:16 PM

You are cheeky thanks for that MrBruce

#10 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,755 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:51 PM

I'm using Edge in Windows 10 build 10122, and there are no pictures displaying here. I like this newest build, it is fast and stable here.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#11 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:31 PM

One of the things I can say I like about this update is even though it moved build 10074 into the newly named Windows.old folder, it actually saved my programs with 100% complete functionality, no program re-installs needed.

Bruce.

#12 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:20 AM

I'm using Edge in Windows 10 build 10122, and there are no pictures displaying here. I like this newest build, it is fast and stable here.

Must say, sure do agree.  Build 10122 looks good & performs well!  Can see a good bit of work & improvement has been done & personally, I like what I see, thus far. I reckon others will, too.  Things have been 'tidied up' considerably & much of what many wanted in the Start menu has happened, it's much better.  It's good that Monitors are easier to find, more obvious w/ their icons & all... Performance Mon & Resource Mon.

Cheers,
Drew

#13 Rocky Bennett

Rocky Bennett

• Members
  • 2,755 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2015 - 10:39 AM

I lost a couple of programs updating from the last build. Notably my Speccy was completely deleted, so I just had to add it back. I have the Speccy Pro version so I just reloaded it and entered my license key and all was fine.

594965_zpsp5exvyzm.png

#14 RobertHD

RobertHD

• Members
  • 348 posts
  •  

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:33 PM

hm now im starting to get used to Windows 10. I like it its fast and stable even though on fast lane!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users