Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Comcast account overview.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 williem2

williem2

• Banned
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:59 PM

My Comcast account shows a T.V. device as active sometimes. I have never used my TV for internet nor have I ever streamed TV through my computers. I do not even have Comcast cable. I only have it for internet service. No techs have an answer. It does not show active all the time. Any ideas why???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Chibifoxkit

Chibifoxkit

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:56 PM

Hello Williem, there could be a variety of reasons for this. While I would recommend trying to talk to your ISP (in this case comcast,) if you already haven't. While I can't provide you with much help right now, I will do my best to offer some possible explanations and tips.

During training, they use live profiles to learn how to use the system, though I don't think this would be the case due to the fact that you said there were spikes. Normally for there to be active hits you either have to have Xfinity Stream installed on a computer, laptop or mobile device or have a cable box installed somewhere. Someone may have ordered one under your account. It may also be a random glitch in the system as that does happen from time to time as well but if you're not being charged for it, I wouldn't worry too much. 

I'm sorry I couldn't be of better service but there are a lot of reasons that this could be happening. 

#3 williem2

williem2
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:19 PM

I am on my 4th router/modem within 6 months. Just had a tech come to my home and replace wiring, connections and router/modem 1 week ago. I have spent countless hours with techs. None know what to do or say other than, "Replace Router/Modem". Much more to this issue. Yo might get a better idea if you check out my past content via my profile page.

#4 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:39 AM

I am curious about one thing: what tv device is showing as sometimes active on your account?

Since it is unlikely that anyone here will be able to answer your questions I will direct you to this post I previously made in one of your other topics

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575433/subnet-mask/?p=3701306

The best place to post there for the issue in this topic is Customer Service.

An official employee will be able to access your account details and review your account. No one here has access to your account which is what will have to be looked at.

Official employees authorized to post and help in that forum are NOT front line phone techs/reps. They are at the corporate level and have a good track record when it comes to getting issues resolved. Official employees are designated as such and have their user names in RED.

However, in order to make sure that an official employee does see your post there, if you choose to post there, I will need a link to the post so I can escalate the issue to them. (it is possible that one of them will see it without it being escalated but no guarantee of that)

Edited by Queen-Evie, 21 May 2015 - 10:44 AM.

#5 williem2

williem2
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:30 PM

There is a place to troubleshoot your devices on the Comcast website. When I do so it shows a picture of a TV remote as my device. The trouble shooter when ran only says, " There have been no outages reported". That said, I am not sure what the exact device is. Like I said, I have nothing but a router/modem box from Comcast. I have Directv for my TV service. I have noticed some files on my machines that mention "DVR" and "Streaming".

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:42 PM

There is a place to troubleshoot your devices on the Comcast website.

Please post the link to this place on the Comcast website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users