Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Card Upgrade/ Installation

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 timw128

timw128

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:45 PM

Hello- I need some help with installing a new video card in my pc, please. The machine is brand new- HP Envy 700-515xt, Windows 7 Professional SP1, with Intel HD 4600 integrated graphics.

The issue I am having is not the actual video card installation, but achieving the correct setting(s) in the BIOS. The BIOS is AMI 80.11 date 4/1/2015, SMBIOS 2.8. It appears that the BIOS mode is set to Legacy, however I can't seem to find an option to disable the integrated graphics and enable the PCIe x 16 (Gen 3.0) Expansion Slot.

I have contacted HP Support, but they won't give me any support because they state that it will void the warranty.

Many thanks in advance for any and all help regarding this matter.

tim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,157 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:10 PM

Late Intel chips switch by them selves no need to fool with the bios, depending on demand.  You can Google Intel Switchable graphics there are several articles out there.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users