Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I have Weird Admins on my computer

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 shrimpy

shrimpy

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:20 PM

I have strange unrecognized Admins on my computer and they appear to be making my IE bounce and climb to very high memory usages.

Does anyone know how to take these possibly hacked admins out?

Please assume that you are talking to an idiot because I am not well versed in programming or anything like that.

Thank you all who decide to help me so much.  I know that you all know your bleepe!

UnknownUsers.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:16 PM

Those groups are legit...I have the same ones but instead of Owner-PC, my computer name is different

S-1-15-2-1 part of a security identifier (SID) used by Windows...see Well-Known SID Structures which are a group of SIDs that identify generic groups and generic users...Their values remain constant across all operating systems.

When using Internet Explorer, the browser will run an extra instance of iexplorer.exe for each opened tab as part of the Loosely-Coupled IE and Automatic Crash Recovery features by design. ACR stores information about a browsing session on the hard disk so that in the event of a browser crash, hang, or other unexpected shutdown, it will allow you to resume the last browsing session. If using multiple tabs, ARC allows recovery of all opened tabs in case of a browser failure. Essentially that allows Internet Explorer to prevent itself from closing when a web site in one tab crashes. In order to this, Internet Explorer will open a new process for the main window and another process with any opened tab. As such, it is not unusual to find multiple instances of iexplore.exe running in Task Manager. More information about ACR and LCIE can be found on the IEBlog: IE8 and Reliability. One drawback of this feature is that ACR is known to utilize high memory resources...especially when the more open tabs there are.

Usually when a computer is infected with malware there will be indications (signs of infection) that something is wrong.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 shrimpy

shrimpy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 23 May 2015 - 09:27 AM

Ok then... It would appear that things have changed some since I've paid attention (probably years ago) to what's going on in the Task Manager and if you say all is well then I'm willing to believe just that.

Thank you very much Quietman7!  I truly appreciate your knowledge and am glad that it was all a figment of my paranoid imagination.

Have a great day and I'm so happy that you all are doing this.  For the longest time, it seemed that the only people who got together were the hackers and virus kids in order to wreak havoc.  It's great to see and know that good guys get together in order to help out the would be prey and victims too!

Thanks again!

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,609 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 23 May 2015 - 04:50 PM

You're welcome.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016