Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

A moody laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HeKo

HeKo

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:32 PM

Dell Inspiron N5010
i7 CPU 1.73 GHz
6 GB RAM
64-bit windows 7 Home Premium OS
AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series
600 GB Hard disk ( C: 200GB - 60GB used, D: 400 - empty)

The battery is not working, always plugged in.
It heats so much.

I have 2 problems:
First, when I shutdown the laptop it blacks the screen but still the On button is lightened and it doesn't shut down.
Second, I use it mostly for gaming (CS:GO - CS:1.6) and it usually gives pretty low fps (30-50). But sometimes and with no known reason to me, it goes for a super performance and give 200 fps for CS:GO and 100 fps for 1.6 steadily.

I am really not aware of the exact reason, is it something am installing then uninstalling? or is it just a heat problem? if it is a heat problem then why it doesn't give that great performance at the moment I turn it on? It is really frustrating.. wish you can help me.

Thanks in advance,
HeKo

Edited by Queen-Evie, 21 May 2015 - 10:23 AM.
moved from Computer Gaming

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 AM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:51 PM

1.  I suspect your system is set to go into hibernation instead of powering down when you shutdown or press the power button.  See Here..

How to change the behavior when you press your power button or click shutdown in windows 7

When windows/laptops detect the system getting too warm.  It throttles back the CPU and reverts to using the onboard video controller instead of the discreet controller.

This could be your problem when playing your game.

The throttling problem:

check the Catalyst Control Center and make sure the GPU is set for max (3D application) performance on both battery and power (even if the battery isn't working)

It was also suggested that there may be a problem with the power supply not providing enough juice anymore so the laptop reverts to lower power (throttles) and uses the onboard video instead of the Radeon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users