Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Major frustration

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ldyblu

ldyblu

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:52 AM

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:00 PM

Hi all.  Having major issues getting used to 8.1 and my hubby is too.  He just got a new HP laptop with lots of bells and whistles.  He has only had it about a week.  Memory is 500gig and he has used less than 300 but it is constantly saying there isn't enough memory to complete the action.  He is only trying to print a document!!  If anyone has any ideas how to not throw this new laptop out the window I am all ear. Thanks in advance 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:09 PM

Hi ldyblu :)

I think the program is referring to the RAM as the memory, and not the hard drive space. Can you tell me what kind of document he's trying to print and in what program? Does it happens on multiple kind of documents and programs, or just one specific?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 AM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:50 AM

Sorry to butt in, but my wife has a similar problem with an HP at her office.

If you look in Event Viewer there will be warnings that'll tell you the programs that are taking up the most memory.

In her case it was the print spooler having problems with her WiFi printer (and she had been having problems printing).

We killed the print spooler service and the error goes away (temporarily).  We'll be using the printer with a wire in the future (to avoid the WiFi hassles).

If you're not comfortable with this, then follow these instructions so we can have a look:

Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

Edited by usasma, 21 May 2015 - 07:52 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users