Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SFC Scannow Corrupt Files, Unable to Fix

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chispaluz

chispaluz

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:31 PM

Sorry, topic should read "scannow". 

I ran sfc /scannow and it found corrupt files that it was unable to fix.  I'm attaching the log file for review.  Any thoughts on how to fix this?  Windows 7 x64.

Thanks.

Attached File  sfcdetails.txt   47.5KB   3 downloads

Edited by chispaluz, 20 May 2015 - 04:41 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 PM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:06 AM

FYI - I am not real proficient at these errors, so please follow the instructions at the link.

Run SFCFix from this link:  http://www.sysnative.com/forums/windows-update/4736-windows-update-forum-posting-instructions.html

Run SFCFix

This free tool of my own creation is a very good starting point for the diagnosis and repair of all Windows Update and System File Checker corruptions. We therefore need you to run this tool prior to collecting logfiles.

1. First download and run a copy of the tool from http://www.sysnative.com/niemiro/apps/SFCFix.exe.
  2. Work through any on-screen prompts and then await completion (runtime is approximately 15 minutes).
  3. Once it has finished, if there are any unrepaired corruptions (the tool will notify you if it has succeeded in repairing all corruptions if they're simple in which case we're no longer needed) or unresolved problems with your computer, you need to post us the complete logfile which opens on exit. Simply copy (Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C) and paste (Ctrl-V) the entire logfile into your new thread (also know as a 'topic'). How to create a new thread is shown later on in this post.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:37 AM

The file that can't be repaired in the sfc /scannow log is an indication that you have install the KB3022345 update.

Open the Control Panel, then click on Programs and Features.

When the page opens click on View installed updates and look for that update.

If you find it, which I suspect your will, click on the link below and follow the instructions.

http://thetechcookbook.com/windows-7-update-kb3022345-causing-corrupt-files/

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 chispaluz

chispaluz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 PM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:15 PM

That did the trick!  No more errors. 

Thanks for your help!  This is a great forum. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users