Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 7 64 bit repair disk. wont load.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 diggiedo

diggiedo

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:29 PM

just wondering why i created a windows repair disk an im trying to test it out to make sure it works in case i ever need it. when i restart my computer to boot it into options of repair tools or whatever it says dont reconize disk or media. was wondering if some could help me fix this issue. i have a hp pavillion p2-1122 computer with windows 7 64 bit operating system.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:11 AM

Did you create the disk using the HP program or the Microsoft program?

Have you tried creating it again?  What are you using (what kind of disk, what size USB)

Are you able to boot from other bootable disks?

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 diggiedo

diggiedo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:52 AM

Yes i tried it a couple of times wont work its a windows repair disk that windows gives you that option i have all my hp operating disk but i only use them if i haft to do a full recovery. but yes its a windows 7 repair disk.yes im able to boot from all other disks i have its just the repair disk wont work says it dosent reconize disk/ media.im using sony dvd-r 4.7gb.

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 10:56 AM

As a test of your OS and CD-DVD -- download and try either AVG or Avira or Avast Rescue ISO; I have all three, and they boot in my desktop and laptop.  By testing, I mean just booting the DVD, then exiting without making changes to anything  :)

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#5 diggiedo

diggiedo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:15 AM

my computer is running great i was just giving the repair disk a test to see if it will work just in case i need it in the future. so should i still run the avast rescue disk.

#6 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 AM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:31 AM

I just wanted to eliminate a few possibilities; if any other rescue disk boots fine, then we may facing troubleshooting the hardware and/or software involved in the making of a bootable CD-DVD on your computer.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,040 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:41 AM

You need to answer what USASMA has asked.  This is the pertinent information missing here.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,698 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 11:41 AM

Try the steps here to create an iso file. You can either use Rufus as shown in the guide to create a bootable USB flash drive or use Imgburn to burn the iso image. Burn the iso at the slowest possible speed. For a System Repair Disk a CD is fine as it's only a few hundred MB. When installing Imgburn make sure you opt out of any optional programs. If you have 7zip you can extract the exe file and use that as it is the only file you need to burn disks but you would not get any sound effects.

#9 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 05:10 PM

Please create another repair disk and try it.

As the system will boot from other bootable disks, I'd suspect that the repair disk is faulty.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users