Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop...

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 PM

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:05 AM

Getting a laptop soon and was looking at a few websites and I was wondering what you guys think of this.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/Sea...&CatId=1897

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Maceman

Maceman

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 05 July 2006 - 07:50 PM

It looks very good, take note it is refurbished. Because it is a laptop you will never be able to experience the same speeds as you can with a PC. I couldn't find the HDD speed so most likely its slow. This will effect loading speeds of games and turning the laptop on alot. You can always replace the hard drive if needed.

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:10 PM

I am handy with computers so replacing a hardrive isn't a big deal...

I just need a decent computer to go to school with that I can maybe play a little Counter-strike at LANs or in math class... and prolly a little world of warcraft, some starcraft and that is basically it.. the rest is running programs for controlling the lighting system at the school auditorium for concerts and stuff...

Edited by Klinkaroo, 05 July 2006 - 08:13 PM.

#4 Maceman

Maceman

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:47 PM

Then it should be perfect for you. If you get it let us know how it is, I may want to get one myself and it says limited supply.

#5 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  

Posted 05 July 2006 - 09:43 PM

I just saw that limited supply... Darn... I won't have the money to get it before the end of july...

But it looks like a good laptop for the price.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users