Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Regular BSOD. several types. no idea. Please help!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ephist

Ephist

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:47 AM

Hi guys, So for the last few weeks. i have been getting BSODs. but today (20/5/2015). Suddenly BSODs and after 5mins of boot restart in normal mode. It keeps going into BSOD. im writing this from safemode+networking. Could it be a driver fault? , the minidumps are all attached ||perfmon. 

Thanks for taking the time to look at my post. Really would appreciate it if anyone would reply.

*Edit. I do not overclock my system. In bios settings it is all Optimised Defaults. 
*I have updated the bios to the latest ver as per asus website. + drivers and such.

Sincerely , Kenneth

OS - Windows  7
·  x64 
· What was original installed OS on system?
·  full retail version
· Age of system New to 4 Years, Replaced motherboard, grahiccard. Cooler. Ram. (All gradual changed)
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? No.

· CPU -Core i5-2400 @3.1Ghz 3.1Ghz
· Video Card - Nvidia geforce GTX 560 Ti
· MotherBoard - Asus P8H61-M PRO

· Power Supply - Seasonic M12IIBronze 750W

· System Manufacturer -Custom built

·  Desktop

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 20 May 2015 - 01:47 PM.
Closed topic - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:34 AM

I understand that you're having problems getting into normal mode - so try these steps in Safe Mode w/Networking.  Some may not work (such as uninstalling stuff) - so just let us know if that's the case.  Also, please understand that reports that are generated in Safe Mode may not show the problem (since the system boots without the BSOD).  The memory dumps will most likely be the key here - but we'll have to see what comes of them.

You're having problems with the BlueStacks Android service.  Please uninstall it while we're troubleshooting.

A lot of the VMWare services are disabled.  Did you do this?  If so, why?

BIOS dates from 2014, please see if there's an update available at the manufacturer's website.

Also, make sure that you have ALL available Windows Updates

There are enough signs here that I have to wonder about this installation. Should this be a pirated copy of Windows, please be aware that we may not be able to fix it (as the hacks that were done to activate it will cause the OS to behave differently than we expect it to). If that's the case, our efforts to help may just waste your time. Secondly, the forum rules prohibit assisting with pirated software - so the topic would be closed if that is the case.

Please provide this report:

- download the MGADiag program from here:  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012
- once it's finished downloading, double click on the program to run the tool.
- click on the "Continue" button to generate the report
- once finished, click on the "Copy" button and then paste it into your next post.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 Ephist

Ephist
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:16 AM

Yes. It appears that this copy of windows is a pirated one which i have overlooked. I am sorry for this i apologise. But i have solved the problem but doing a sfc/scannow. +windows updates + and using InstallDriverslist to find all the old asus drivers / util programs and deleted it.  It seemed to have worked. 

Once again, i am sorry if this post have caused any incovenience. This topic should be closed now.

Sincerely, Kenneth.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users