Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Profile Picture Not Uploading?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 0xFFFF

0xFFFF

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 20 May 2015 - 04:20 AM

For some reason, there appears to be an issue with uploading my profile picture. I've tried both Google Chrome and Pale Moon, and it doesn't appear to load.

I'm using the same picture on use on other forums and Twitter, so it shouldn't be an issue because of file size restrictions.

Any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,683 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:09 AM

Are you uploading it from your computer, or using a web link (hosted image)? If you are uploading it from your computer, try hosting it on a website like Imgur and see if it works. Otherwise, if it's hosted, try to save it locally and upload it from your computer.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 20 May 2015 - 10:49 AM

I see the picture in the Admin Control Panel. But not here. Let me take a look.

EDIT: jcgriff2 mentioned this last niught. But now I don't see the image in ACP either.

What error are you getting when trying to upload?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 0xFFFF

0xFFFF
  • Topic Starter

• 19 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:04 PM

There isn't any error message, it appears that it should be loaded but it never appears.

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:18 PM

PM sent to you with instructions.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#6 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:38 PM

Image has been added. Thank you for your patience.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#7 0xFFFF

0xFFFF
  • Topic Starter

• 19 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:40 PM

Thank you!

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:43 PM

You're quite welcome.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#9 threeicys

threeicys

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2015 - 10:23 PM

Hi,

I have been re-trying to add a profile photo for a few days,both URL and from my computer. I did see the photo once but decided to edit it and re-load, but the same problem came back. 

#10 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 12:40 PM

PM with instructions sent to you.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#11 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,765 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:26 PM

Hey threeicys I have added your image for you, to your profile. Nice choice of image, if I may say so  :thumbup2: . If you don't see the image, refresh your browser.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#12 threeicys

threeicys

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2015 - 06:40 PM

Yeah! Thank you. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users