Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need some help/advice on new computer build

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 psychokilla209

psychokilla209

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:11 PM

I currently bought the i7-5820K so that is the route I'm going. I also have a Power Supply and Graphics Card. So all I really need now is DDR4 and a Motherboard. 

I would like some suggestions for a motherboard. My main use is gaming, very light rendering, and multi-tasking. I like the Asus Extreme V but its too much. I am looking to spend no more than 400. I was also looking at SABERTOOTH X99, X99-DELUXE/U3.1, X99 Classified (151-HE-E999-KR), X99A GAMING 7, X99-A/USB 3.1, and X99A SLI KRAIT EDITION. Any of those or any other that are worth it. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kazozako

kazozako

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:53 PM

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:54 PM

Well I just finished few weeks ago built with i7-5930, used X99A GAMING 7 for the price/performance although I am not the gamer, major improvement is memory - DDR4 (used 16g) and definitely use of SSD  for the system, I used CT250MX, works great. Caveat however, I used mount below moherboard, (with regret, as is not serviceable/removable without removing of the mobo, and air flow for the cooling is somewhat restricted. Hopefuly you got 1000W + power supply as the newer video cards are quite hungry and this improves overall stability. Got SiSoft score 29.44 kPT slightly lowered by just (now) average video card R9 200 series, using 406 W of power. Writing this I just realize I have to keep turning it off when away as my electric bill will skyrocket as this is almost like stove burner :(.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users