Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need replacement Power Supply

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SushiVII

SushiVII

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 10:54 PM

I have an apevia turbolink atx-tl450w-bk power supply that came with my Azza Orion 202EVO computer off of either amazon or newegg. I've had it since 2010 and a while back, the computer just died out and there's no power coming from the power supply. What power supplies would fit that is the same style as my current one? I've only found ones with fans on top but my tower doesn't have anything to vent a top fan.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:58 AM

What wattage are you looking for?  And power efficiency? bronze gold silver platinum? Even though the fan is on top it typically blows down into the power supply and vents out the back. Do you need 20+4 pin or 24 pin?  Do you prefer modular or old style?  I prefer Semi Modular.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,001 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 AM

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:26 PM

The Azza Orion 202EVO case is a ATX form factor case, so you should be able to use any ATX PSU which will provide you with the proper amount of wattage and current for the components you have installed.

In order to make suggestion I would need to have a list of the components installed in this computer, this should include the make and model of the components.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 SushiVII

SushiVII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:48 PM

I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner I was busy. I'm not sure what components I have but I'll look tomorrow and list what I can. Its just an average low-end gaming computer from 5 years ago, nothing fancy. Just trying to get it to run again.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,001 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 12:06 PM

The graphics card is the most important item as it can require much higher wattage that say a integrated graphics chip.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 SushiVII

SushiVII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2015 - 12:59 AM

I believe its an AMD Radeon HD 5450.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,001 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:39 AM

That graphics card requires at least a 400W PSU.

#8 SushiVII

SushiVII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:07 PM

Alright thanks well I should get the power supply based off of the wattage required by the graphics card, or should it be higher for the other components as well?

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,001 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2015 - 03:36 PM

You could probably get away with the 400W if it is a good PSU, but I would go for at least a 450W.

#10 SushiVII

SushiVII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2015 - 10:46 PM

Ok thank you for your help I'll go get one when I can

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users