Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Yay!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:34 AM

hello,
I just thought I should brag and say I am now using Windows Vista! And I must say it is impressive. Half of the programs that work on XP work with Vista!

--Jesse
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Quince

Quince

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:54 AM

what are the system requirements ?
ps. i'm using amd sempron 2800+ with 1024mb ddram

#3 .Prodigy.

.Prodigy.

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 06 July 2006 - 01:03 AM

The thing that's keeping me away from it right now is just that...

"Half of the programs that work on XP work with Vista!"

I'm really hoping they complete the backwards-compatibility. There are too many Windows XP programs that I wouldn't want to give up in a switch to Vista.

Congrats on getting it up and running!!

Posted Image

#4 Jesse Bassett

Jesse Bassett
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 418 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 06 July 2006 - 01:07 PM

well it comes with being a TechNet Plus subscriber. :D
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 l McAfee Total Protection l Super AntiSpyware Free Edition l AdAware SE Personal l Spyware Blaster l Spyware Guard l Safe Eyes 2007

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:10 PM

Posted 08 July 2006 - 11:45 AM

A very "neat" trick to make almost all of the programs work is using the Application Compatibility tool.

It doesn't always work when installing - so just locate the executable file, right click and select Properties, and select the Compatibility tab. Choose the XP option and click OK. It's worked for all of my apps!

FYI - if you do this to an installer, you'll have to redo it for the main executable afterwards.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users