Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop only staying connected to wifi while power cord is in.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hgreynolds216

hgreynolds216

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:47 PM

I have replaced the battery, but my wifi will only work if the power cord is in my computer, this is driving me crazy. When I take the power cord out, it'll work for maybe 15 minutes then it says connection is limited and boots me off while resetting the wifi, and unless I put the power cord back in, it just keeps doing this. Only to my computer, my husbands computer, xbox, my phone, no other issues, its only my computer. HELP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,456 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 PM

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:02 PM

First of all - welcome to BC !

Can you give us a little more information please - such as make and model of your computer and confirm that you are running Win 8/8.1 as your operating system ?  The reason I ask is that I am not entirely convinced that your topic is in the best possible place for help and would like to improve your chances of getting help. At the moment i could guess at possible causes for this, but that is all they would be - guesses.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 23 May 2015 - 01:31 PM

One of the possibilities would be that you purchased a replacement battery which didn't match the specifications of the original battery.  Usually this will be a lower current rating (usually this will be expressed in Amps), this can be seen as Ahours, or A.  For example:  The output of one adapter I have is 19V DC @ 2.5A.  If you purchase a battery that does not have the same current rating as the power adapter being used the type of problem you are experiencing could be because of that.  Another important specification is the number of cells there are in the battery.  Usually the larger the number of cells, the long it will hold a charge.

Then again, it could be because the battery isn't being fully charged.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users