Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to install drivers that aren't compatible with Windows 8

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 k1117h3n0153

k1117h3n0153

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:04 PM

I recently spent about 100 dollars on something that requires drivers to be used, and it does not support Windows 8. It only allows Windows 7 and Windows XP, so i need to know how to get past this and install them anyway. I have tried running it in compatibility mode, but this doesn't install the drivers properly. I am willing to install emulators for running XP or 7, if needed. Please help. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 md2lgyk

md2lgyk

• Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 20 May 2015 - 05:47 AM

Set up dual boot?? 

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:49 AM

Several options:

- dual boot (as mentioned by md2lgyk above)

- install a virtual machine the runs Win7 and install it there.

- write a compatible driver (very, very expensive if you don't know how to do it - it'd be cheaper to buy another computer and install Win7 on it).

- contact the manufacturer for assistance.

- modfy the driver (depending on the driver there may be modifications that you can make to make it work) - this is way beyond the scope of this forum and is likely against the EULA for the program.  I'd suggest trying the support forums for the driver manufacturer for this also.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 orlbuckeye

orlbuckeye

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 07:42 AM

If it doesn't support Windows 8 it doesn't support. The only thing you can do is install the driver fro Windows 7 and see if they work.

• Alienware 18 Intel Core i7 4810 QM 16GB DDR3
  • 18.4" (1920 x1080) 
  • 1 TB Samsung EVO MSATA SSD 1 TB WD 5400 RPM HD 750 GB WD 5400 RPM HD
  • Nvidia GT 860 GM SLI graphics
  • Windows 10 Pro + Surface Book i5 256gb SSD 8gb RAM DGPU

#5 k1117h3n0153

k1117h3n0153
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:12 AM

i did run Win 7 on a virtual machine, it it did install just fine but the virtual machine wont run the necessary programs so i can use the drivers with the thing im trying to use thats hooked up to my USB. im not sure what dual boot means or how to use it, so if someone could explain what it means and how i could use it, that would be great

#6 k1117h3n0153

k1117h3n0153
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 09:27 AM

nevermind i googled how to do a dual boot. i have a windows vista installers disk with the OS on it, so how would i go about installing that on my windows 8.1 using dual boot?

#7 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:34 AM

Here's some links on how to do it with Windows 8:  https://www.google.com/search?q=add+dual+boot+to+windows+8&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

And this was a specific search for Vista with Windows 8:  https://www.google.com/search?q=add+vista+dual+boot+to+windows+8&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

EDIT:  You might get some more replies if you specify the program that you're trying to work with.

Edited by usasma, 21 May 2015 - 07:37 AM.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users