Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't connect to my Home Win7 Network

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 george321

george321

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:36 PM

We have two HP pc'c running Win7 on my home network. The wifes' has the ethernet connection and I am connected via a network adapter. The connections have been the opposite at one time. In the distant past we could both use the printer connected to her pc and see each others files. Now I can't connect to the network at all. Her pc says she is connected and mine says I am not. I have the password I got by asking the pc for it and have tried to log on with it and every other password I have used for anything. I get a error for incorrect password every time. I would delete the network but can't find a method that doesn't involve more entries than I am confortable making. So, anyone know why I can't log on or a resonably easy to delete the network and start a new one? Thanks as always for the help I get here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 AM

Posted 19 May 2015 - 01:48 PM

When you state "network adapter", do you mean a wifi adapter?

Is the adapter connected through a USB port, or is it a dedicated card?

Have you tried connecting through a Ethernet cable to see if that works?

Is this a laptop or desktop?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 george321

george321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 65 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:14 AM

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:44 PM

Network Adapter is connected via a usb port & is a WiFi adapter for my home network. Its a desktop and yes it has been the pc connected with a eathernet cable. Same results.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users