Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File backup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jackal43

jackal43

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 19 May 2015 - 12:15 PM

ACER ICONIA TABLET.
I have many spreadsheet files on my tablet, which I wish to backup for safety.
I am not allowed to copy them to my microsd card.
How can I make a safe copy elsewhere ? ( microsd/laptop/cloud )

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,720 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:05 PM

I assume you have a Google account? If so, upload them to Google Drive. Then if you have a huge aversion to leaving them 'in the cloud' or with Google. Access your Google drive account from your laptop or desktop and save them to your hard drive.

If you have another cloud service, you can upload them to that one and take the same steps.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 jackal43

jackal43
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:12 PM

Thanks for the reply.
I have a google account,but haven't got a clue how to get to google drive, so I'd be grateful if you could give me some pointers.

Jack A.

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,720 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:57 AM

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:05 PM

In your apps drawer you should see an icon like this: drive_icon.png

That's how to access Google drive from your tablet.

Here is an introduction to Google Drive: https://www.google.com/drive/

Scroll all the way to the bottom or in the upper right hand corner at the top and there is a link titled: Using Drive

Take a look there and it will give you an overview.

Let me know if you have more questions. If you can open the spreadsheets on the tablet you should be able to save them as well and choose a location. Just save to the cloud, by using the icon shown above.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 jackal43

jackal43
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 03:09 AM

Have succeeded in uploading files to G.Drive, but only singly.

Is there a way of batch loading ?

Also in My Drive > settings, there is an option to auto update photos, but will not work when I click on it.

Also if I upload the same file twice, it leaves 2 items and won't overwrite the first file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users