Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to dictionarily reset Internet from CMD by using a script in Windows XP?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 762 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:01 AM

Hi, all!

I have MS Win XP Pro SP3, and receiving Event Viewer Log Errors and Warnings: 1002 and 1003, approximately every morning as I turn on my computer. I have already asked two times about this problem, here and here, but I think there still must be something more to do about it. Namely to try a different approach than before.

Therefore I would really like to dictionarily reset Internet from CMD by using a script (preferably a .BAT).

After having read numerous articles on Google covering this subject in general, I have already managed to create one like this:

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /registerdns
nbtstat -R
nbtstat -RR
netsh winsock reset all
netsh interface reset all
netsh interface ip reset all
netsh interface ipv6 reset all
netsh interface ipv6 renew
netsh interface ipv6 isatap reset all
netsh interface ipv6 6to4 reset all

netsh interface portproxy reset all

Please help verify this list, and let me know if something important is missing; any recommendations are welcome!

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,
midimusicman79

Edited by midimusicman79, 20 May 2015 - 08:00 AM.

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free, NVT OSA and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with CanDef, uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 midimusicman79

midimusicman79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 762 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:40 AM

Hi again, all!

I have now ran the script on my own, and all the command lines were successfully executable, except the netsh interface ipv6 isatap reset all one, which unfortunately returned a syntax error, however this was neither unexpected nor harmful. Seems it is obviously not applicable to Windows XP, but for Vista+.

As I ran the ipconfig /registerdns command, it took 15 minutes to finish, before it would report eventual errors in the Event Viewer Log, but luckily there were no such. :exclame:

When I ran the netsh winsock reset all command, I actually had to restart my computer to complete the process. :exclame:

I added a pause between every command in order to run them as safely as possible, by giving them enough time to finish and to be able to break / stop the script when needed. This in turn to execute the commands more similar to manually. :whistle:

I will of course have to monitor my computer for the next couple of days to see if my script helps; it is a 50/50 chance. :busy:

But at least I have now finally done whatever I can about the problem. :thumbup2:

Regards,

midimusicman79

Edited by midimusicman79, 22 May 2015 - 08:39 AM.

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free, NVT OSA and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with CanDef, uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users