Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New configuration

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cr0s3

cr0s3

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 AM

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:13 AM

Motherboard - MSI B85-G41 PC Mate

CPU - i5-4690K 3.9ghz vs Xeon®E3-1225 v3 3.6ghz

RAM - Crucial Ballistix 8 GB

PSU - Cooler Master B600

GPU - GeForce GTX 660

HDD - 1 tb

At first the machine will be in very simple case and without cooling.

All the parts are new and come on a price for 480 Euro is that a good price?

Later on i will buy cooling system and change to GTX 980 or 2x QUADRO

Another question I have is the power supply good enough and with enough power and when i should think of changing it?

I`ve been pointed to buy Intel Core i5 4590
3.3 GHz and MSI H97 PC Mate and i wonder what to do.

Edited by cr0s3, 19 May 2015 - 05:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:05 AM

What do you mean "Without cooling"?  Your PC needs to cool itself somehow.

That motherboard allows for one full speed PCI-Express X16 3.0 slot and one 4x PCI-Express X16 2.0 slot.  You may not want to use multiple graphics cards with this motherboard.  The Quadro GPU's are professional workstation cards and are not ideal for gaming, they favor precision over speed, whereas gaming cards aim for speed at the cost of precision.

Your power supply should be enough to power a single GeForce GTX 980, but not two cards.

Your PC will need an operating system, factor this into your budget.

Intel will be releasing their new Skylake processors later this year, I suggest holding off until then if you can.

3939.png

#3 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 PM

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:57 AM

I just want to add my 2 cents out that I agree with everything that DJB said... I suspect you meant no case fans on your case.  You do need at least 1 exhaust fan... and Of course a cpu cooling fan.  If you meant an aftermarket cpu cooler you should be okay with the stock cpu heatsink/ fan.  But as DJB pointed out the new processors coming out will usually cause all the lesser processors to go down in price if you can hold off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users