Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gpu Failure/Corrupt files?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Matthewap44

Matthewap44

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 AM

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:37 PM

I shipped my computer from florida to ohio and i just received it today. i packaged it myself and made sure it was packaged extremely well. I hooked up to the computer and started it up and instantly it was all pixalated. I took the gpu out and clean out the pins and everything. i dont see any damage on the card or anything.I retried installed it and started it up and now i get a blank black screen and on my motherboard the vga led is red. I switched the gpu to the second sli slot and it started up and got to the login screen and then just went blank again. I restarted it and started in safe mode and it boots right up. I tried safe mode with networking and it goes to a blank screen again. Ive also gotten errors that the graphics card is not responding correctly or something along those lines. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling the graphics drivers and during the process of installing the driver is says failed to load detection driver. Also there are 2 lines down my screen in safe mode. when i try to boot it up in normal mode it starts spazzing out in different colors and lines and stuff
Now when i try to boot up the computer the vga led is red and stays red and wont boot up at all.
The computer ran fine before shipping it. it was running most games on 60 fps with no problems

32 GB Ram 1600 mhz
AMD Radeon HD 7970 3GB
Intel Core I7-4820k Cpu @3.70

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 19 May 2015 - 04:03 AM

Try the on board graphics see if that works. Oops just noticed it is not booting at all, disconnect the HD see if you get a boot screen HD may have gotten damaged.

Edited by OldPhil, 19 May 2015 - 04:07 AM.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

#3 Matthewap44

Matthewap44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 05:15 AM

Try the on board graphics see if that works. Oops just noticed it is not booting at all, disconnect the HD see if you get a boot screen HD may have gotten damaged.

Didnt change anything, it stil wont boot up :( I dont have on board graphics on my motherboard

Edited by Matthewap44, 19 May 2015 - 05:35 AM.

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,395 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:18 AM

No matter how you packed it some Bozo may have slam dunked it, it may not have had any noticeable packaging damage if it landed flat.  I would contact the shipper see if you have any recourse. 

Your processor does have integrated graphics!!! 

Edited by OldPhil, 19 May 2015 - 06:20 AM.

#5 Matthewap44

Matthewap44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:41 AM

No matter how you packed it some Bozo may have slam dunked it, it may not have had any noticeable packaging damage if it landed flat.  I would contact the shipper see if you have any recourse. 

how do i activate the integrated graphics? i tried booting up the computer without the gpu in and it did nothing

#6 Matthewap44

Matthewap44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:50 AM

From the sites i just looked at it says it doesnt have integrated graphics card?

#7 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,395 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:06 AM

May be wrong but it should HD4000 graphics as shown in the link below, if so it should be switchable in the bios.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4770K-vs-Intel-Core-I7-4820k

Edited by OldPhil, 19 May 2015 - 07:07 AM.

#8 Matthewap44

Matthewap44
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:29 AM

May be wrong but it should HD4000 graphics as shown in the link below, if so it should be switchable in the bios.

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i7-4770K-vs-Intel-Core-I7-4820k

the 4770k does the 4820k doesnt. i have the 4820k

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:41 AM

Posted 19 May 2015 - 08:40 AM

What is the make and model of this computer?

If this is a custom build, please post the make and model of the motherboard.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users