At first I wasn't sure if it was hardware or software related. I tried re-installing my drivers but nothing changed. Thought it may have been DirectX related but I read up on how to re-install it and wasn't sure I knew how to handle that process properly without messing anything up further. Ran a sfc /scannow a few times. I had corrupted files pop up but was told it was most likely not the cause of any crashes as the corruption was due to a recent windows update and my problem has been going on for months.
Some important things to note:
- I've been playing HOTS for over a year with no problems until around 2 months ago when it started crashing my computer.
- Warframe is a game I've picked up recently (Past week or so) and had no problems initially (first day or 2) but it's gotten to the point where it'll crash within the first 10 mins of me launching the game.
- I've closed all running programs with both games to make sure there weren't any conflicting programs and still crashed. (also can play DayZ with anything open and have no problems)
- I've verified both. Warframe had errors I re-installed multiple times through both steam and their site but still crash. HOTS came up with no errors when I did a repair scan.
- I've also tweaked the settings a ton in both games with no luck.
If you need any more specifics I'll be glad to provide. Thanks in advance!