Make a statement. The person who replies will make a statement that takes things in a new direction that is scary, humorous, or otherwise surprising to the reader. Some examples:
1. Bob changed, got into bed, and turned out the light.
- Had it been his house the night may have been more restful for him.
2. Until now Bob had a long work commute.
- However, the recent mudslide had destroyed his home, and the Happy Time Inn is located only two blocks from his employ.
3. Bob, and Sally went to dinner.
- Bob is a cannibal.
4. Bob layed in his bed, unable to sleep.
- The whispering from beneath his bed saying "wait till he's asleep then we'll kill him" may have been a contributing factor.
I think you get the point. I'll get things started...
Thomas B. Pellard was out walking his dog Rufus.