Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

up to date hp 6500 wireless stopped by NPAPI Adobe shockwave

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 monticello

monticello

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:13 AM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:33 PM

Drivers are up to date on printer but it wont print without updating shockwave - it is up dated to NPAPI version which I need for critical application.  Now what?
NPAPI version of shockwave critical for my computer but HP 6500 all in one says my version of shockwave is not up to date - it is indeed as are the drivers of the printer - now what?
Mod Edit:  Merged posts/topics - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 17 May 2015 - 06:24 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:29 AM

Have you tried doing a control panel uninstall, reboot and reinstall of shockwave?

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

#3 monticello

monticello
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:48 AM

Thank you for your kind response:  I did uninstall  Avast and it is my sense that it was the answer for now - thank you for the attention you gave to my question.

#4 monticello

monticello
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:50 AM

Sorry, Dicke:  I was answering the wrong post - actually purely by accident I did reinstall the shockwave too - ok for now!

#5 dicke

dicke

Paraclete

• Members
  • 2,176 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:13 AM

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:45 AM

Security programs are known to block new files. For safety they like to see a history of valid use before they allow things to come in to your computer. They will also block old, tried and true programs if they feel that they are a threat. Stuff happens.

Glad to hear all is well. We'll be here when you need us. Til then

Stay well and surf safe

Dick

Stay well and surf safe [stay protected]

Dick E

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users