Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 8.1 black screen on startup

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 batman03

batman03

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:50 PM

Hi,

Yesterday, I updated my windows 8.1, the process went well until the computer restarted but just after the windows logo disappeared from the screen, nothing happened and just the mouse pointer is visible on the screen. I tried startup repair from windows DVD, and other recovering options, but no result. I don't want to loose my installed apps and other files. is there any safe solution to this problem. thanks in advance

Laptop: LENOVO G500

Systeme: windows 8.1 (64)

Best regards

Batman

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 batman03

batman03
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:09 PM

One other thing

I've just tried "startup repair" using windows installation DVD, but it seems that the startup process goes well, because in the log file (srtTrail.txt) it is mentionned that the startup process is ok.

I tried to "refresh my computer" but it asks me to agree with deleting all apps installed from disks, thing that i don't want for now.

I hope thess informations can help 

Waiting for your advices.

Best regards

Batman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users