Open Internet Explorer > Go to the Tools icon at top Right side (Gear cog) > Go down to Internet Options > Delete the internet address you list above from the home page area > Type in your preferred Home Page.
I normally just use http://www.google.com/ or instead of google, type your own preferred home page. .....Press Apply > OK ....
Is this any help ??
While here, clean out any minor infections ..........
Please download RKill by Grinler to your desktop
- If you have an old version, please delete it first
- Right click on the new Red icon and select Run as Administrator
- A black DOS box will appear for a short time and then disappear.
- This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
- At most the tool will usually run for about 2 minutes
- Please Copy and Paste the small log back here.
Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.
- Download AdwCleaner by Xplode from Here or Here and save to your Desktop.
- Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- Click on the Scan button (only once)
- AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Report button only once for accuracy.
- A report (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for your review.
- Check the listed removals and see if you are OK with them.
- If you have questions, post the Report log back here.
- Click on the Clean button only once for accuracy
- Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Press OK finally to allow AdwCleaner to Restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- After rebooting, a log report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
- **Copy and Paste the contents of that log in your next reply.**
- To restore an item that has been deleted by accident : Open the program again,
- Go to Tools (top left) > Quarantine Manager > check what you want restored > now click on Restore.
Note: With most Adware / Junkware / PUPs it is strongly recommended to deal with it like a legitimate program and uninstall from Programs and Features or Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
If you already have a current version installed, Please update it
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Follow the simple directions to install the program to desktop
- Right click and choose "Run as administrator" to open Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and from the Dashboard please Check for Updates by clicking the Update Now... link
- Open up Malwarebytes > Settings > Detection and Protection > Enable Scan for rootkit and Under Non Malware Protection set both PUP and PUM to Treat detections as malware.
- Click on the SCAN button and run a Threat Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware by clicking the Scan Now>> button.
- If you find malware and tick it to remove it, you may be asked to re-boot the computer to finish cleaning.
- Once completed please click on the History > Application Logs and find your scan log and open it and then click on the "copy to clipboard" button and post back the results on your next reply.
Please Copy and Paste those logs back here for review.
Thank You -
EDIT for Typo -
Edited by noknojon, 17 May 2015 - 07:14 PM.