Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newb. gaming question....

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 frldyz

frldyz

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:04 PM

Don't laugh.. ok go ahead and laugh.

Im sure this is a simple question.

Im completely new to gaming.

I just purchased titanfall. ( still in package ). And when I purchased my MSI 970 from newegg I got a redemption code to download Witcher 3.  I have not yet downloaded it.  But when I go to the site to download.  It looks like I have to download it 7 x to get all 7 stories?  Does that sound right?  But it is not available to purchase un May 19?  So am I looking @ the wrong thing? Or do I have to wait until May 19 to download?

My other question.  With games I purchase in disc form. Can I just put the disc in the computer everytime I want to play it?  Or do I have to download the game from the disc into my computer.  And when I want to play do I just click the game because it is now loaded on my computer?  Personaly I would just like to put the disc in the optical drive when I want to play and not have to store the game files on my PC.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 reaper0117

reaper0117

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:02 PM

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:21 PM

What site are you going to for the download of the witcher 3?

Most pre-orders/redemption codes allow you to pre-load the game where it downloads almost all the needed files. Then on release it downloads only a few files to allow you to play.

Games purchased in disc form are installer disks for the purchased game. I don't know any pc game that doesn't need to be downloaded/installed except for browser games. Depending on the games you purchase you can access them by making a desktop icon during install (unless you want to sift through program files) or if you use a client like Steam or Origin it would be in your library with the option to make a desktop icon at installation of the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users