Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please Help- How to control three computers and monitors with one mouse/keyboard

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jmcgillis14

jmcgillis14

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 PM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:01 PM

They are running on different servers. I have tried things like synergy and mouse with out borders but they won't work because they are running off of different networks/servers. I'm guessing I will need a KVM switch of some sort? I attached a quick diagram of my set up if anyone could help me out I'd really appreciate it. Again, I have three separate computers and monitors (one is a dual monitor) and I want to be able to seamlessly control all three from one keyboard and mouse. 

Thank you so much! 

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 17 May 2015 - 01:49 PM.
Moved to External Hardware from Win 7 - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,282 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2015 - 02:10 PM

Throwing the second monitor into the mix complicate things.  What is the physical distance between the machines?

What do you need to be able to do on the machines?  I ask because I normally use Remote Desktop (RDP) for everything except imaging which requires BIOS level access.

What operating system are the machines running?

#3 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,605 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:14 PM

Posted 18 May 2015 - 11:56 AM

Besides KVM, BlackBox as a wide assortment of multiple interface boxes to allow splitting and combining monitors, keyboards, mice and such.  You may have to use two or more to get the configuration you're looking for.

#4 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2015 - 12:18 PM

If memory serves, almost all electonic junction boxes have two complete sets of outputs [kb, mse, mon] with one complete input set [kb, mse, mon].  I used one awhile back, it worked alright.  With three separate outputs -- probably going to have to some rigging as a previous poster indicated.  Back then, remote control wasn't an working option for WFW 3.11 and Windows 95.  

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

"I heard Spock finally got colander!"  "I believe the word is Kolinahr."  "Oh."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users