Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

script error everytime I click on a website or link

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bruceb3

bruceb3

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:17 AM

Im using IE as a browser. Lately it seems every time I click on something I get an error box popping up that says "an error has occurred in the script on this page. Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?" It doesn't seem to matter whether I click yes or no, the page stays open. then the very next time I click on something it pops up again. Its getting really annoying. Any ideas? Thanks.

Attached Files

Windows 7 Pro, i7- 920, Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, 6 Gb DDR3, 120 gb Agility 3 SSD, 500 Gb WD drive, OCZ Mod X Stream- Pro 700 watt psu, Corsair H50 cooler with 2 Silenx low rpm fans, 9800 GT video card, 2- 140mm case fans

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:06 PM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:52 AM

Does this happen with all web pages, or just certain websites?

It may be a problem with one of the add-ons you have installed in IE, or it may be one of the settings in IE regarding script debugging.

To disable the add-ons, go to the Start menu, Accessories, System Tools, right-click Internet Explorer (no add-ons) and select Run as administrator.

I wouldn't necessarily disable the script debugging tools just yet, until you've done more research into what might be causing it. If disabling the add-ons doesn't solve it, I would recommend running a full anti-virus scan on your system.

If your system comes up clean, here are a few more things to try and resolve the issue: http://www.ehow.com/how_7330578_fix-error-occurred-script-page_.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users