Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HTG Locker bat files gone?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Helpmepleasex

Helpmepleasex

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:34 AM

Okay, so not long ago, I was using the HTG Locker thing made with code. (Not a computer expert I know) Heres the code for reference.

cls 
@ECHO OFF 
title Folder Private 
if EXIST "HTG Locker" goto UNLOCK 
if NOT EXIST Private goto MDLOCKER 
:CONFIRM 
echo Are you sure you want to lock the folder(Y/N) 
set/p "cho=>" 
if %cho%==Y goto LOCK 
if %cho%==y goto LOCK 
if %cho%==n goto END 
if %cho%==N goto END 
echo Invalid choice. 
goto CONFIRM 
:LOCK 
ren Private "HTG Locker" 
attrib +h +s "HTG Locker" 
echo Folder locked 
goto End 
:UNLOCK 
echo Enter password to unlock folder 
set/p "pass=>" 
if NOT %pass%== PASSWORD_GOES_HERE goto FAIL 
attrib -h -s "HTG Locker" 
ren "HTG Locker" Private 
echo Folder Unlocked successfully 
goto End 
:FAIL 
echo Invalid password 
goto end 
:MDLOCKER 
md Private 
echo Private created successfully 
goto End 
:End

Anywho, I had lots of photos and videos of my recently deceased mother in there, and I remember opening it one day and instead of the 'Private' folder coming up, one called 'HTG Locker' came up instead, and it took away all the files that were in the folder, so now I am left with nothing. I closed the locker, opened it up again and it was all gone. Are there anyways I can retrieve these files, that isn't system restore,  I don't have a restore point long enough ago. Any help please? Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:49 AM

Hi :welcome: to BleepingComputer,

Based on the batch file it only plays with the Hidden attribute of fodlers and the fact that windows by default is set to not show hidden files/folders so it doesn't do a very god job on protecting the files!

Follow this guide http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/show-hidden-files-in-windows-7/ to adjust windows to show the hidden files/folders and you should see the folder HTG Locker if not deleted!

Edited by SleepyDude, 17 May 2015 - 09:49 AM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#3 Helpmepleasex

Helpmepleasex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:10 AM

The only files that show up are 'Desktop.ini'

I didn't delete the photos and videos, of that i'm sure.

#4 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:54 PM

Install Everything Search Engine the tool index all your files and folder names very fast and it can search for any file you don't know where it is.

If the files are in your computer it will list them in one second.

Edited by SleepyDude, 18 May 2015 - 01:54 PM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users