Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No audio on monitor speakers

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 crASHed

crASHed

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:27 AM

Hello,

Two weeks ago the audio on our desktop stopped working. If you plug in your headphones into the back of the PC, where the speaker of the monitor is usually connected, you hear sound. If you put headphones in the front audio jack, you have no sound. I had a tech guy looking at it, and he said that the windows drivers are corrupted or whatever. The desktop runs Windows 7. 

I'd appreciate an opinion on what might be going on here. I tried the Windows trouble shoot suggestions, but there is no change. I mean, are the speakers broken? But then why do I get sound from the back with the headphones, but not from the front?

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:43 PM

Please check the audio properties playback devices and or the BIOS menu audio section enabled by default.

Tekken

#3 crASHed

crASHed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 AM

Posted 18 May 2015 - 02:25 PM

Thank you. How do I access the BIOS menu audio section?

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:20 PM

On the initial splashscreen bootup of your computer screen, you would see certain button keys (F2, Del) that you would need to press in order to access your BIOS settings.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users