Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SFC Quandary

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Scoop8

Scoop8

• Members
  • 326 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 16 May 2015 - 06:05 PM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576386/sfc-problems/ - Hamluis.

I did my "Saturday after Patch Tuesday" installs earlier today (Cloned "C"/OS HDD yesterday), including KB3022345 since I was curious to see what "SFC" (VERIFYONLY) would report before and after the install.

Sure enough, SFC reported system file errors after this one installed.  I uninstalled it and re-ran "SFC / VERIFYONLY", and all was ok, no reported system file errors reported.

After rebooting, KB3022345 reappeared in the WU list.  Hid it for now.

I looked at my "sfcdetails.txt" file (search output from CBS.log to Desktop) and saw the corrupted file reports before uninstalling 3022345 and afterward.

Attached are the sfcdetails.txt and the WindowsUpdate.txt files.

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 17 May 2015 - 08:53 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users