Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recycle bin on secondary hard drive?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ExplodingMonkey

ExplodingMonkey

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:35 AM

Hello friends. I have a strange question.
While running my Disk Space program on my secondary hard drive, it showed me that I have a Recycle Bin on it, that has more than 30 gigs of garbage. But when I click on the icon to browse for it or to open it, it doesn't take me anywhere. So my question is, how do I access my D drive recycle bin?

aPDnkcO.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:01 AM

Hi ExplodingMonkey :)

In order to see the $Recycle.Bin folder on a drive, you have to go in the Folder Options panel, under the View tab and then check Show hidden files, folders and drives, and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (recommended). There you should be able to access that folder. You can delete everything inside it, and you'll be able to gain back 32.9GB of space :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 ExplodingMonkey

ExplodingMonkey
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:05 AM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:26 AM

Thank you so much!!!! I am such a dumb dumb

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:29 AM

You just didn't know, but next time you will! And no problem, my pleasure :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users