Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wanscam JW0008

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PannyPOTN

PannyPOTN

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 05:18 AM

Hi everyone, new to this forum so not sure whether this would be a hardware issue or networking issue, falls under both a bit.

I recently bought a Wanscam IP Camera, model number JW0008 I believe judging by the photos on the website.

I have managed to install this and get it running.  But I have a few issues.

The programmes I have to run it seem to be different from the ones in the tutorial videos.  The search tool is useless, it changes the IP to something random like 122.1.2.12 which is nothing like the IPs in my network.  This causes it to be unusable and I need to reset the camera.  I can't input any normal IP's on this search tool version I have, just IP match.

I can't open it in any browser.  I had to download the OCX from the website as I have no disk drive, but this only installs the software for the PC.

I can't get the emails to send.  Because of this different software version I seem to have I don't have the option of STARTTLS or something that everyone seems to mention.  Just SSL and TSL.

The camera works great for manual monitoring at the moment, but I need it to have the auto record/picture for proper security.

Can anyone help on this matter?

If it's in the wrong area, please move to whichever one is suitable, thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PannyPOTN

PannyPOTN
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 PM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:44 PM

I've managed to get into the browser view, so I can send test emails. Failing each time.

POP and IMAP is enabled on my gmail, any solution? As soon as I get a solution to this I should be fine!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users