I use Firefox with Adobe Flash Player and Shockwave, and recently I've been having an issue with watching videos on youtube. After several minutes everything starts to slow down - the picture gets jumpy and then freezes, the sound starts dropping out, and all other open applications get very slow and/or unresponsive. I tried looking for help on the Adobe site, and followed their advice to uninstall and reinstall Flash and Shockwave, but it didn't fix the problem.
I don't generally have slowdowns when I don't watch videos. The only other odd thing I've noticed recently is that the fans sometimes seem like they may be working a little too hard given the number of applications I have open, but that could be my imagination.
- My computer is a Dell laptop with an Intel quad core i7-2620M CPU, and I have 8 GB of RAM.
- I checked my link speed at Ookla, and it was 24.92 Mbps down and 6.04 Mbps up.
- My OS is Windows 7 Pro 64 bit SP1.
- Firefox version is 38.0.1.
- Flash version is 18.104.22.168
- Shockwave version is 22.214.171.124.
Can anyone help me troubleshoot this?
Thanks in advance for your kind assistance,