Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

keyboards replacement

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 emesinas

emesinas

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:03 PM

works in BIOS , no buttons work after operating system loads. i replaced the keyboard on a Fujitsu LifeBook T4210. 

Edited by hamluis, 16 May 2015 - 05:38 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 3,775 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:48 AM

Suggestion re-seat the key board ribbons, about the only place you may have gone wrong.

If you don't stand for the flag then you will fall for anything!

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:08 AM

Why did you replace the keyboard?  If it was a liquid spill there may be additional damage.

#4 emesinas

emesinas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 18 May 2015 - 07:34 PM

Some of the keys were missing and others were stuck. Old keyboard was working but now it wont after re-installing. 

#5 MrBruce1959

MrBruce1959

My cat Oreo

• BC Advisor
  • 6,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:31 PM

After replacing the keyboard, did you reset the BIOS?

A reset can be accomplished by removing the battery on the motherboard and not having any power going to the laptop via the external battery and power pack for at least 10 minutes.

Once that is done, replace the motherboard battery with a new one, put the laptop battery back into place, hook up the power supply. Now power up the device and press and hold F2 to enter the BIOS or setup utility and correct the time and date, for best results, choose the menu option Use setup defaults this should get things working again.

If not, please post back and let us know one way or the other what happened.

Bruce.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer! :welcome:
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules

My Career Involves 37 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.

I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.

As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge. :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users