Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer for Home File Sharing Server [300]

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 1C3-B3RG

1C3-B3RG

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:59 PM

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:01 PM

Hello,

I'm looking for computer which I could buy for £300. I want to use FreeNas software for sharing files in my home network which has 4 users and also it would be great if the PC would support 8TB HDD as I want to buy 2x8 in the future for this purpose. Also it would be good if the computer would be silent as it will be located in my room and small as I don't have that much space in my room. I have searched a bit in the internet and it looks like 4GB of RAM should be efficient for my purpose even tho that FreeNAS has 6/8GB of Ram in system requirements. -> FreeNas Forum Click.

So can someone recommend PC for this purpose ?

I appreciate every help.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheN00bBuilder

TheN00bBuilder

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:59 PM

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:19 PM

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3240 3.1GHz Dual-Core Processor  (£40.67 @ Ebuyer)
Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£67.85 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  (£21.23 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Thermaltake Urban S1 MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£39.43 @ CCL Computers)
Power Supply: be quiet! 300W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£32.40 @ Aria PC)
Total: £201.58
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-17 19:19 BST+0100

Sorry if I snap at you. I can't stand stupid for more than 5 minutes at a time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users