Hello, please do the following:
- Go to Piriform's website, and click the big button.
- Next, click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version.
- You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.
- After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.
- Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):
- Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot
- You will see the following prompt:
- Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
- Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.
Please download MiniToolBox
, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
- List last 10 Event Viewer log
- List Installed Programs
- List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
- List Minidump Files
- List Restore Points
A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run, it should automatically open on your screen. Copy and paste the entire contents of that text into your next reply.
Please post the link for Speccy and post the entire text from Minitoolbox in your next reply.
Edited by MrBruce1959, 16 May 2015 - 01:47 PM.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer!
New Members: Please click here for the Bleeping Computer Forum Board Rules
My Career Involves 45 Years as an Electronics Repair Technician, to Which I am Currently Retired From.
I Am Currently Using Windows 10 Home Edition.
As a Volunteer Staff Member of Bleeping Computer, the Help That I Proudly Provide Here To Our BC Forum Board Membership is Free of Charge.