Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Impossible to restore to factory settings????

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DFA1988

DFA1988

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 PM

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:38 AM

Hopefully i have posted this in the right place and someone can advise me on this issue.

I have a Packard Bell Easy note laptop. The laptop is really old but i use it when i'm having issues with my current laptop. The operating system installed is Vista Business. Last week, when using the laptop i contracted the CTB  virus. I wasn't really bothered about paying the ransom as the laptop holds old unimportant data. The virus has now encrypted all my files and made my laptop extremely slow and unusable.

I was hoping that resetting my laptop to factory settings would resolve this problem but the issues is that i lost the dvd that allow you to restore/reset the system and even if i did have the dvd, my dvd/cd drive was damaged and fell out the laptop a long time ago.

Is there any other way that i could reset this laptop??? I have tried pressing F10, which brings to Bios setting but it's basically a dead end. 

Should i try format the local disk drive ©? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,448 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:46 AM

If you still have a recovery partition and it is still intact do the following. I am not sure if this works for your computer.

Try holding the Alt key down and tapping F10 while the computer is booting.

If that does not work see if you have the Packard Bell Recovery listed under Programs.

http://packard-bell-scandic.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/29924/~/how-do-i-restore-my-computer-using-packard-bell-recovery-management%3F

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users