Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Trojan encrypted infection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 pmolnar

pmolnar

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:21 AM

Some plague several encrypted my files, fotos with  .xtbl extension, videos, texts etc. It seems to me that Dr. Web te94decrypt.exe file solves the problem.
However I can not access the Dr.Web FTP server, due not have login and password. Could some one send me the zipped file ? mail:  

Regards.

Edited by computerxpds, 16 May 2015 - 11:37 AM.
Removed Email address to protect member from spambots and email scrapers

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 16 May 2015 - 05:31 PM

You can get it here: http://www.majorgeeks.com/news/story/new_ransomware_has_surfaced_%28update%29.html

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,591 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 16 May 2015 - 06:06 PM

CTB Locker changes the extension of encrypted files and renames them with a .CTBL, or .CTB2 extension. Some victims have reported extensions changed to .XTBL.

At this time there is no fix tool and unfortunately, still no known method to retrieve the private key that can be used to decrypt your files since there is no way to retrieve the private key that can be used to decrypt your files without paying the ransom. With dual infections, that means paying both ransoms.

A repository of all current knowledge regarding this infection is provided by Grinler (aka Lawrence Abrams), in this topic: CTB Locker and Critroni Ransomware Information Guide and FAQ

There is also an ongoing discussion in this topic: CTB Locker Ransomware Support & Discussion.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 pmolnar

pmolnar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 PM

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:55 AM

I am trying to download te94decryp, but I can not, due the Dr Web FTP server asks me login and password that I dont have. What should I do?

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,591 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 18 May 2015 - 01:28 PM

Post any questions, comments or requests for assistance in this topic: CTB Locker Ransomware Support & Discussion.

To avoid confusion, this topic is closed.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users