Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Replacing Thermaltake Mozart MotherBoard with Hp Pavilion g7 uATX MB

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 noserave

noserave

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 PM

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:28 AM

I have a HTPC (with no display or remote control) ;

http://www.thermaltake.com/products-model.aspx?id=C_00000252 

and an Hp Pavilion quadcore desktop (win7 installed on C: 120gb SSD 10gb dedicated to D: Recovery & E: 1TBHDD to store media files. I also have a 120gb HD from a laptop connected as F: that I'd like to use for backup/recovery

Any advice on what to do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noserave

noserave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:51 AM

57 view and no replies? 

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,486 posts
  •  

Posted 18 May 2015 - 03:56 AM

No replies because I don't think you have been clear on what you are looking to accomplish, or why.

#4 YeahBleeping

YeahBleeping

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:27 AM

SO it looks like what your saying is you want to take out the motherboard in the HTPC and put the HP Pavilion motherboard into the HTPC.

This should be possible as the HTPC supports both uATX and regular ATX sizes.  But you really do not post any questions.  So I am not sure where to help you.  It also appears you want to use a laptop connected to the 'new' HTPC after you have 'built it' so that you can use it as a backup/restore option.  This too seems possible just use windows backup to schedule back-ups to the F: drive.

#5 noserave

noserave
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2015 - 08:34 AM

Im sorry, I have not been clear. I would like to swap the MBs of the two cases. I would also like to put an operating system on the motherboard from the medialab. 

I would also like to create a backup on a laptop HD that I have connected to the HP MB.

Eventually I would like to end up with my HP MB in the medialab, and be able to control it with a tablet. This will be my HTPC that I want to also game on.

The HP case will hold the mozart medialab MB and be a normal pc. I have a videocard and tunercard installed on the medialab PC. This will also play basic games like the sims and goat simulator. 

So the question is, how do I approach this MB swap?

The medialab doesnt have the 'screen and remote' so where can I find a cheap one/alternative one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users