I have been having problems with Internet Explorer (IE) 11 as it won't accept keystrokes in the search/login/password boxes. Also IE was accessing random websites even though the Explorer window was not open. I have been using IE 11 on this computer for about two years now.
I did have a virus with which I was helped by Alex in the Security forum on this site:
Whilst my security isues have been solved, and my computer is now clean, I am still having trouble with the keystrokes issue in IE 11.
I am ableto use Firefox with no problems.
My original system is a HP Touchsmart Desktop. 610-103a i7 firstname.lastname@example.orgGHz, 8gig Ram 64bit OS running Windows 7 Home Edition originally Internet Explorer (IE) 8.
Over time I have upgraded to Internet Explorer 11 which was working fine until about four weeks ago.
I have spent countless hours trying to solve this issue by uninstalling IE back to the original IE 8 and reinstalling IE 11.
The latest try was by following the instructions on the on the Microsoft website:
- I downloaded Microsoft Fix It and went through the processes but it didn't help.
- Tried to install IE 11 again but would not let me as it said I had a newer version.
- Uninstalled IE 11 back to previous version IE 9 which was the last version I had before the upgrade to IE 11. this is the third time I have tried this. this time IE 9 was just frozen.
- Uninstalled IE 9 and went back to IE 8 which is the Internet Explorer version that came with the original system.This opened up on MSN webpage. Could not select bookmarked sites. Also web addresses did not function.
- I then re-installed IE 11. Now I have the same problem and the cursor won't work in any boxes. This is the same problem I have described earlier ie I cannot put in usernames, passwords etc on any sites.
- One thing I have noticed after trying a few things is if I go to theMSN webpageI am able to type into the Bing search box. this brings up the choice of websites as I type which I can select. once I go to them the same problems occur.
- I I bring up the Bing search engine on its own I cannot type in a search.
It seems as if there is some sort of security issue or IE 11 is putting in some sort of block. The fact that I can use the MSN website to search is interesting.
Alex suggested I post in this forum to see if anyone had come across this problem.
In the meantime I have been surfing the net to find an answer. On one thread in the Microsoft Community Forum a poster said that they had the problem and solved it by opening Internet Explorer from the Start Menu and choosing 'Run as administrator'.
I tried this and it worked but I don't know why I would have to choose 'Run as administrator'' if I have already got administrator rights on my login. This has never happened before in this or any version of Internet Explorer I have used before.
This will be a nuisance in the future and I am sure there is some sort of glitch.
Does anybody know what might be causing this and is there a solution.