Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video File Corrupted on Download

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 scruffbag

scruffbag

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 PM

Posted 16 May 2015 - 04:05 AM

HI,

I am trying to make a .mp4 file available for download on my web site. Web site is at www.lilongwe.co.uk download link at bottom of page, but I have a problem.

The file uploads OK and I can play it from the FTP server on both Mac and PC, however it's when it comes to downloading the problems begin.

Neither Mac or PC will play the downloaded file, Mac uses quicktime, on PC I've tried Windows Movie Player, Quicktime and iTunes, none work. On comparing the size of the dowloaded file from the web site with that which was uploaded to the server, the download is 4bytes bigger.

Next I tried zipping it up and uploaded the zip file to the server. On downloading it, PC will unzip it and the video clip is playable with all players; the Mac can't even unzip it, says it's corrupt. Interestingly the .zip file downloaded on both PC and Mac was 4bytes bigger than that uploaded.

I'm at a total loss. I want people to be able to play the downloaded video clip, which at the moment they can't. I can get round it for PC users by zipping the file but not for MAC users. Why is it that 4 bytes are added to the files when downloaded? Has anyone encountered anything like this before, or indeed have a solution?

Thanks for your time

Derek Smith

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users