Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer won't startup

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DarkD

DarkD

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:10 PM

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:03 PM

Today I opened up my computer to check that I met the requirements for a new hardware upgrade I am planning, but haven't implemented yet.  I put in a POST beep speaker I had been meaning to install which had been sitting around on my desk for the past month.  When I turned the computer on it would get stuck at the windows loading screen.  

I tried taking out the POST beep speaker, but that didn't change anything, although I didn't expect it to.  

I tried using the system repair tool and I forget which features I used, but I remember thinking I either needed an expert to go further or that it found nothing.  

I tried starting in safe mode and last known good configuration and neither would start.  

I checked my bios boot settings, the hard drive is the first thing to boot up and as of now is the only thing the PC is allowed to boot from.  

I unhooked every non-essential peripheral from my computer.  

Edited by hamluis, 16 May 2015 - 11:22 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 DarkD

DarkD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2015 - 09:24 PM

I finally got system startup repair thing to do something.  It got safe mode to work for awhile, but normal startup blue screened, and safe mode blue screened as well after working for an entire minute....  I ran the startup repair thing a second time, but now it's back to where I started, just stalls at the "Starting Windows" sign.  The windows logo doesn't even load.  

#3 DarkD

DarkD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 15 May 2015 - 10:48 PM

okay new information.  For some reason the computer lets me in occasionally, and when I do get in, I always get a blue screen.  I got a code from it.  0x000000F4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA8009817B30, 0xFFFFFA9009817E10, 0XFFFFF80002FDC500)

#4 DarkD

DarkD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 69 posts
  •  

Posted 16 May 2015 - 12:49 AM

I think I figured it out.  It was a loose cord.  I must have knocked something when I was installing the POST beep speaker... Chrome doesn't seem to work anymore, but otherwise the system seems fine. 

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,818 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 PM

Posted 16 May 2015 - 11:22 AM

Glad you seem to have solved it...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users